New hermit homes and a squid supper

Monday 28th May 2007

Over the weekend I got a few different shells to give the hermits somewhere to move to if they wanted to. Once they were in the tank I realised they looked way to big but left them there in case.
Within 24 hours the larger crab (Henry) had moved out of his old shell into one of the larger ones. The smaller crab (Margaret) had moved into Henry's old shell. Never saw them move but pleased that they liked the additions.

Today I decided to give Alvin (the starfish) a treat and bought him a fresh squid. I chopped into what I thought was good sized but manageable chunks and put a few in. He jumped on it.

On reflection the chunks were a bot big but I figured that in the wild these creatures must be used to dealing with whatever they find so left him to it. The Bristleworms and crabs seemed keen too.

This is the first "extra" I've added so it'll be interesting to see how it goes down.

No comments: