Brittle Escape

Thursday 15th November 2007

My green brittle starfish, now considerably larger than when I got him and was assured he was "fully grown - oh how I have learned, has taken to the right rear filter chamber of my tank.
He is alive, alert (moves when light goes on) and I can get food to him.
He clearly got there by climbing through the return hole for water passing through the various filter stages but I have no idea whether he can get back.
He has been there for 2-3 days now.
Not sure how I could get hold of him (my hands barely fit into the chnaber let alone enough to see to get him) or even if he needs rescuing.
I intend to give him another couple of days then try and figure out a rescue plan.
Where are the thunderbirds when you need them?

While I'm here, here is a pic of my tank. Rather overrun with long green grass-like plant but I've not been able to get in there and rip some out as it is alive with small starfish at the moment (one of which I caught on the glass the other day and is the subject of the other pic).




If anyone knows what "type" the starfish is, please post.

No comments: