Trundling along

Friday 6th April.

After some more excellent advice from the fishkeeping forum, I've started to add a little tropical food to the tank each night to act as an ammonia source (thanks "Coralline").
Each night I notice some new form of tiny life in the tank. Tiny snails, tiny shrimp-like creatures (very pale and very timid).

Today I bought myself a Hagen/Nutrafin Master Test Kit. My LFS had them marked up at £60 but were actually selling them for £40 (which is only a couple of quid more than I could get them from Ebay and I got it same day). I was suspicious of "best before dates" but they are fine. I like the kit - very simple and safe to use. Much better than a hundred small card boxes with individual test kits.

My only slight concern is the "anemone" (if that's what it is). It seems a bit lifeless to me. Nothing concrete, just looks a bit limp.

No comments: