What does rock eat ?

Later on Saturday 31st March 2007.

The rock is in place (and yes I did remember to remove some water from the tank first). It looks great. Already making the tank look pretty good. As well as some large bubbles of algae (about the size of wine gums) and my polyp-like freebie, I have discovered some form of tube-creature has hitched a ride. The tube is solid and filled with hundreds of “hairs” a few of which extend from time to time (slowly) and then after a few seconds they SNAP back in. I intend to try and identify these creatures in the near future and can only hope that hey survive transplantation to my tank.

I confess I am really delighted with all this. A real bonus to have a couple of occupants already. It now occurs to me that these new tank-mates may be hungry – what on earth do they eat? Surely I’ll have to add something to the tank for them.

I need to do some investigation.

No comments: